Thursday 9 December 2010

The Perfect Denim- The Impossible Endeavour

"I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes. " 
Yves Saint Laurent

The men's classic love affair with denim, as their daily uniform, is still one of the hardest pieces in a man's wardrobe to perfect, so finding the right cut and colour is an impossible task. For denim the choice is too much, shops have huge departments dedicated to them, and even with all this choice, still men are none the wiser on what is right to wear, a true menswear minefield. Although high street stores really do everything to make it increasingly difficult to even determine where to start, take G-Star for an example I'm still bewildered what planet the genius was from that decided to put stitching across the leg of the denim? (And charge over £100 for these?)

 In my experience the best company to explain all about denim is Nudie Jean, the Sweden based label loves denim and the passion shines through. The company's philosophy is to create well priced denim that is built to last. For all the many shapes and sizes- Nudie have created 13 different styles which covers all the bases, From skinny to slouchy, low-yoke to that classic out-to-dinner denim, your choice's have never been so vast.

The wash for me should be simple, dark wash or mid-blue wash. The two washes can be easily smarted up or dressed down with any occasion, yes I know that it sounds boring not to have a different or a fun wash on your jeans but , for me, it’s far too risky endeavour and you could end up having the jeans wearing you, instead of you wearing the jeans. The Nudie brand expresses the desire to keep it simple and brings everything back to basics. http://shop.nudiejeans.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment